A producer presented 200 carcases for MSA grading. 14 of these carcases were non-compliant to MSA minimum requirements. Looking at the graph, what is the main reason for MSA non-compliance?
- Subcutaneous fat depth out of specification
- Inadequate fat distribution
- pH greater than 5.70
- Miscellaneous non-compliance e.g. ecchymosis, bruising, etc.
- Loin temperature above 11.9 which is outside of AUS-MEAT specifications
- Failure to meet hide puller damage specifications of less than 10cm x 10cm on a single primal
Select the correct answers, then click Done.
That's not right.
The main reason for MSA non-compliance is that the carcases’ pH was greater than 5.70.
Click the Home button to to return to the home page.
Note: If you are a beef producer only, you may now attempt the Quiz. If you are a sheepmeat producer, please continue with the sheepmeat sections of the module before attempting the Quiz.